400g (2 cups) ACE SAMP
2 litres (8 cups) water
salt and pepper to taste
45ml (3 tablespoons) butter
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 large brown mushrooms, sliced
1 green pepper, diced
45ml (3 tablespoons) oil
12 medium prawns, peeled and cleaned
200g calamari rings
200g hake steaks or any firm fleshed fish
12 cherry tomatoes
- Cook samp in salted boiling water until cooked through and very soft + – 2 hours. (Keep replenishing the water so that it does not burn)
- In a large heavy based frying pan or wok, melt butter, add onion and garlic, sauté until transparent. Add mushrooms and green pepper, cook until soft.
- In another frying pan heat oil, add prawns, calamari and hake, fry gently until cooked + – 10 minutes.
- Add seafood to onion mixture, toss lightly, add cooked ACE samp and cherry tomatoes, mix in carefully. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon onto a serving platter and top with mussels. Serve warm.