Chili Chicken Pap Pie Recipe
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 green chilis, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) cayenne powder
- 1 can (410g) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (410g) baked beans
- 125ml (½ cup) water
- 100g (1 cup) cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) salt
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) butter
- 240g (2 cups) ACE QUICK COOK MAIZE MEAL
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and fry onion, garlic, red pepper and chilis until soft. Add chicken pieces, cook until brown all over. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cayenne powder, tomatoes, baked beans and water, cook for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 2-litre casserole dish. Pour the chicken mixture in dish, spread evenly over bottom.
- Make pap by boiling water and milk in a large saucepan, add salt and butter, gradually add ACE QUICK COOK MAIZE MEAL, using a wooden spoon stir well to mix. The mixture will be fairly soft. Cover pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon pap mixture over chicken and spread evenly. Sprinkle with cheese and chilli powder over top. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and is golden.