Creamy Pap with chicken livers
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 3ml (½ teaspoon) salt
- 3ml (½ teaspoon) curry powder
- 500ml (2 cups) milk or cream
- 250ml (1 cup) ACE SUPER MAIZE MEAL
- 50g butter or margarine
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) oil
Chicken Liver Stew
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) cayenne pepper
- 750g chicken livers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 250ml (1 cup) beef stock
- 2 sachets (40g) ALL GOLD Tomato Paste
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 can of KOO Mixed Vegetables
- In a pan, heat oil and lightly fry chicken livers until brown, remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, fry onions and garlic until soft, add paprika, cook for 2 minutes.
- Return the livers to the pan, season with salt and pepper. Add KOO Mixed Vegetables.
- Combine liquid from can with beef stock to make up to 2 cups and add to pan.
- Add ALL GOLD Tomato Paste, cover with a lid and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Add herbs and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- While chicken livers are cooking, make creamy pap; bring water to the boil, add salt and curry powder.
- Mix cold milk and ACE SUPER MAIZE MEAL to form a paste.
- Add to the boiling water, add butter.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth, cover and cook over gentle heat, stirring frequently to make sure there are no lumps.
- Spoon creamy pap into individual serving bowls and top with chicken liver stew.
Try this delicious recipe with ACE Plus Fibre. It's the same pap, with the added goodness of Fibre that aids in digestion.