Samp And Bean Curry Recipe
- 600g (3 cups) ACE SAMP
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilies, deseeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 60ml (4 tablespoons) curry paste
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) turmeric
- salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 can (410g) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (410g) KOO baked beans or red kidney beans, drained
- 125ml (½ cup) chicken stock
- Fresh coriander chopped
- Place ACE SAMP in a large saucepan, cover with water bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer gently for 3 hours until samp is soft.
- Heat oil and fry onion and garlic until soft and translucent.
- Add chilies, peppers, curry paste and turmeric, stir to mix and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and beans, simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add stock, simmer until thick and saucy.
- Stir in cooked samp and fresh coriander, heat through for 10 minutes.
Serve with grilled meat or fish.