Cream of Maize Shortbread Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease & line a baking tray with a baking sheet
- In a large bowl, beat together butter & sugar using an electric beater or a rotary beater until creamy & smooth
- Add the Vanilla extract, only 4 tablespoons Cream of Maize & a pinch of salt. Mix until well combined
- Halve dough & shape each half into a log, about 8 cm in diameter. Wrap each half in plastic & refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until cold
- Place remaining Ace Cream of Maize on another sheet of greaseproof paper. Roll chilled dough logs in the Cream of Maize to coat completely
- Cut each log into 3 cm thick rounds & space 3 cm apart on a prepared baking tray. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown
Ready to experience the irresistible bliss of Cream of Maize Shortbread Biscuits? Grab your apron and get ready to bake! Follow our simple recipe and embark on a culinary adventure that will delight your taste buds
Creamy soft porridge with caramelized bananas
Serves:4 – 6
Prep: 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
1 litre water
130g ACE Cream of Maize
1 1/2 cups milk
Brown sugar, to taste
2 bananas, sliced
30ml brown sugar
1. Over medium heat, add 3 cups of water to a pot. Bring the water to a boil. Mix the rest of the water with the cream of maize meal and stir until smooth.
2. Add the smooth maize into the boiling water and stir continually with wooden spoon (to avoid lumps) for about 5 minutes or until the mixture gets slightly thick. Lower the heat and put the lid on the pot.
3.Let it simmer for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the lid and continue stirring.
5. To make the caramelized bananas slices, add the butter and sugar to a pan and allow the butter to melt, then add the banana slices and fry over medium heat. Turn the banana slices over to fry on each side, then remove from pan once golden brown.
6. Remove the soft porridge from the stove stir in the milk.
7. The consistency will depend on your preference. Serve hot with a sprinkle of sugar and caramelized bananas.