Braai pap with chops corn and chakalaka
- 80ml oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 fresh chillies, finely chopped
- 5ml medium curry powder
- Red, yellow and green peppers, seeds out, cubed
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 150g green beans, chopped
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 1 x 410g tin baked beans
- 3 cups ACE braai pap maize meal
- 3 cups water
- 2ml salt
- 3 corn on the cob
- fresh thyme leaves, to garnish
- 800g lamb chops
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- For the chakalaka, heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion until soft and translucent. Add the garlic, chilies and the curry powder and stir to combine.
- Add the peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Add the carrots and beans and stir to make sure they are well combined with the other ingredients and coated in the curry powder. Stir in chicken stock cubes.
- Cook until the mixture is slightly thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the baked beans. Set aside until needed.
- To make the stiff braai pap, pour maize meal into salted boiling water and stir quickly. Cook over low heat for 25 minutes, stirring often to a stiff pap consistency.
- For the chops, rub with oil and chopped rosemary. Braai over medium heat for about 5 minutes per side. Braai the corn until slightly charred.
- Serve the chops with pap, corn and chakalaka and garnish with fresh thyme leaves.