Cheesy Pap Balls Recipe
- 250ml (1 cup) milk 500ml (2 cups) water
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) chicken stock powder
- 250ml (1 cup) ACE SUPER MAIZE MEAL
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) finely chopped parsley
- 2 eggs beaten
- 250ml (1 cup) dry bread crumbs
- 200g mature cheddar cheese, cut into small blocks
- Oil for deep frying
- Bring water, milk and chicken stock powder to a boil. Slowly whisk in the ACE SUPER MAIZE MEAL. Turn heat to low, continue whisking for 5 minutes or until pap is smooth and creamy. Add chopped parsley and stir well.
- Transfer into a bowl and allow to cool. When completely cool, take a handful of pap, flatten it in the palm of your hand, place a block of cheddar cheese in the centre and form the pap around the cheese to the size of a golf ball.
- Dip balls into beaten egg and then into bread crumbs. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a tomato and onion gravy or any sauce of your liking.