Isijingi - Pumpkin Pap
- 10 pumpkin slices, peeled
- 3ml ( ½ teaspoon) salt
- 10ml ( 2 teaspoons) sugar
- 3ml ( ½ teaspoon) cinnamon
- 250ml (1 cup) cold water
- 500ml (2 cups) hot water
- 120g (1 cup) ACE SUPER MAIZE MEAL
- 50g butter
- Chop the pumpkin slices into small pieces. Sprinkle with salt and sugar.
- Add cold water into a saucepan, cook pumpkin until soft.
- Mash the pumpkin and add hot water.
- Bring to a boil, add ACE SUPER MAIZE MEAL, stir until well mixed.
- Cover saucepan and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add butter and mix through.
- Serve hot or cold with meat and a relish.
For a different taste sensation, use spinach instead of pumpkin.